Franklin v Silva 2

Discussion in 'UFC' started by Hero Of Time, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

2. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

I like them both so I don't know who to shout for to be honest. Franklin comes across as a really nice guy, as does Silva. Silva is a living legend though so I'll probably be rooting for him. He was an animal in his pride days. I have no shame in admitting that I would crap my pants if he even stared at me in the street!

3. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

What do you think about the claims of some match fixing in the Pride days? Apparently it happens a bit over there, I think Rogan even mentioned that Eddie Bravo got a visit in the locker room before a fight being offered money.. Doesn't take away from them being awesome fighters but the opponent makes sure to go down at a certain time in the fight. I believe it to be wholey possible and as Sonnen has mentioned before there is a LOT of Pride fighters that were on huge streaks then came to UFC and couldn't win a fight..
  4. Anton

Anton Moderator Staff Member

Sonnen says a lot hero :D. All joking aside though there is corruption in loads of sports, Football, Horse racing, etc, so wouldn't be a surprise if it had happened in some point in MMA.

On the topic of the fight, Silva for me, but it could go either way. Really enjoy a good legends battle, and actually think this will make for a really good fight.
  5. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

I've seen a lot of people say some fights were fixed in Pride. I'm sure there is some truth in it. Apparently some fighters didn't even know it was happening even when their own fights were fixed i.e. they approached one of the fighters and offered him money to take a fall.
  6. Anton

It would be a very easy sport to fix.
  7. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

lol Sonnen does say a lot but he is a pretty clever guy! Yeah I doubt if any of these guys knew about it, the opponent puts on a good fight and in a later round just says his prayers and eats the kick or punch. Japan is supposed to be very bad for it too.. makes me wonder how much of the Pride greats really won all their matches!
    Agreed, i think it will be an awesome fight.. just like the first one (wish the first one was 5 rounds.. but then it might not have been as exciting)
    Anton likes this.
  8. Anton

Nah I know he's clever, I'm just very much in the Silva camp :D

I agree on the brackets mate, I think 3 rounds will suit this one. I can see them both going for it from the off to be honest.
  9. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

Not long now! Who are you guys up for Maynard v Guida? Kinda lame that Guida has to braid his hair because Maynard's camp was complaining but I never see the logic in having long hair in this sport!

Up for Guida solely based on his and Sanchez's unbelievable fight!
  10. Anton

Guida Sanchez was legendary. Sanchez is a beast and Clay was amazing to stay with hi.

I must admit though, I think Maynard will have too much for him
  11. Anton

Not been on in a few days. Was away for the weekiend and only now caught up on the fights.

What were your thoughts?

It looked in the last minute that Silve had enough in the tank to put on a late puch, he just seemed to leave it way too late.

Any thoughts?
  12. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

It was an awesome fight, really entertaining! Silva's whole "raise my arms to get the crowd going" followed by him charging at Franklin reminded me of a boss you'd see in some old PS1 game haha. Franklin is so awesome, seems people forgot that in his absence!
  13. Anton

Agree, do you think Rich can make one last title charge?
  14. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

I think he might, he is honestly looking really really good right now.. possibly better
  15. Anton

Its a strange one though, if he got back to top contender, he showed nothing either time against Silva to suggest he could hold his own.