Mixed Martial Artist Dies After Fight

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

I came across a press release today that says that a 30 year MMA fighter from Georgia has died after a fight. No details about what caused it as yet. It could have been something that happened in the fight or a pre-existing condition that was aggravated (e.g. heart condition). Regardless, it's sad to hear about something like this happening.

Kevin
  2. Anton

Anton Moderator Staff Member

Tragic mate, but not amazingly surprising
  3. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

There was a similar story on the JRE recently of a guy collapsing after a fight and dying, when they did an autopsy they found it was a trauma he had received in training.

I'm kinda surprised that there hasn't been much more deaths in the 20 years it has been around and even in the Brazilian Vale Tudo competitions before that.
  4. Anton

Anton Moderator Staff Member

Yeh, gotta think there is some underlying reason behind this.
  5. Zurcks

Zurcks New Member

I would think that Dana White will have to checkout this and have his 2 cents before anyone released a press release. UFC prides themselves behind a full contact no holds bar sport that safer that boxing. If they can pin point that the death was related to damage from the fight this MMA and UFC will be under major scrutiny AGAIN and will be banned from other countries.