Should Tito Ortiz Be Inducted Into The UFC Hall Of Fame Before Pat Miletech and Frank Shamrock?

Discussion in 'UFC' started by Kevin, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

Tito Ortiz is going to be induced into the UFC hall of fame before UFC 148. I never had any doubt that this would happen due to the number of events he headlined when the UFC was still growing though I'm surprised that he's getting in before a few other guys.

Frank Shamrock has been really vocal about it:

Perhaps more deserving is Pat Miletech. He fought in lots of the early UFCs. He was the first fighter to win the welterweight belt and went on to defend it four times. He also trained guys like Matt Hughes (who is already a Hall of Famer). Half the guys who fought in the UFC used to have 'Miletech Fighting Systems' as their art when they were introduced before fights.

Ortiz is 37 and still fighting (though this could be his last fight). Shamrock is 43 and Miletech is 44. Usually the older guys get introduced before the younger ones.

What do you think of the UFC Hall of Fame? It seems to be inconsistent at the moment and it will become even more so if they put Brock in it. I do think Miletech and Shamrock should be in before Ortiz.

Kev
  2. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

I think Ortiz definitely deserves a place, but those guys do too.. who comes first I don't really think matters. I find it odd that someone that never even fought is in there...

If Brock goes in it loses all legitimacy and some other place might as well set up a real one
  3. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

I definitely don't see how Brock can be included. That would certainly cause a major uproar.
  4. Joe

Joe New Member

Tito has earnt his place. He deserves it, he shouldn't go in for a while first. I do view that the previously mentioned people do need to go in first.

Onto Brock, the only reason he may go in, is because he was a huge revenue for the UFC. He brought in new fans. Which is why I believe that Bonnar and Griffin should be incited into the Hall of Fame as well. There first match was an epic battle of the titans, and brought the UFC in much more money, and fans. That fight brought in more fans than any other, that I know of. That is the only reason I can see him getting into it.
    Anton likes this.
  5. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Don't put Lesnar in, For Gods sake!! I'd regard Bob Sapp as an mma legend before that joke