UFC on FX: Johnson vs. McCall Predictions Competition

Discussion in 'UFC' started by Kevin, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Winelands cut was nasty...
  2. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

Yeah it was sick, I love when you see the fighters looking at their cuts on the big screen. Will always remember Franklin laughing at his in one of his fights
  3. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

lol "That shi- uh.. stuff.. hurt pretty bad"
  4. Okay i need Charlie to die. hard 2nd round. Take it easy on him silva.
  5. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

Just got back from town. Supposed to be back about 2pm but got back at 8.45pm. Doesn't seem like it's being shown. Gutted. Looks like I was neck and neck with you there Hero...for about two seconds :)
  6. WHY U NO GO TO 2ND??!!!!.....
  7. Score Total please Kev. You might be the only sober one here. Heading into the last can i still win this?

What happens if Kev wins?
  8. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

the scores are:
    Anton: 16
    Kevin: 50
    Me: 42
    Elbow: 27
  9. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

I'm pretty sure I can't win unless it's a sub in the 2nd round for Uncle Creepy.. unless I'm calculating the scores wrong! I'm giving the points for say, if you guessed 2nd round knock out, and it was a 2nd round sub, i'm giving 8 points
  10. Kevin

I'll double check the scores after the event (please allow until tomorrow morning just in case I end up falling asleep - been a long day haha).

If I win the second based player would win the prize. I'm pretty happy as long as I beat Anton. He'll never hear the end of this ;)
  11. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

Anton is in firm last place :p
    Kevin likes this.
  12. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

These are the final scores according to my calculations:

[​IMG]
  13. Nice Table,

1. is there some kind of self updating table that we can implement so that people who are drunk (*me) don't have to use complex mathematical fomulas.
    2. Can we not show what each people have tipped until the comp starts. (just so descions can be made without influence of other tippers)
    3. Can we maybe incoporate a UFC event winner total scoreboard that could culminate at the end of the year with a SUPER PRIZE!

Nice Win Kev!

Congrats to Hero, stuck to his gameplan, I just wasn't on form, ill go back to my camp, work on my weaknesses. This won't be that last time you see me..
  14. Anton

Anton Moderator Staff Member

Holy fuck I sucked :oops:
  15. Kevin

I was reluctant to come here today in case I saw any of the results haha. I've avoided that so far.

Congrats to Hero. Commiserations to Anton :):)

Hero - I've sent the membership via UFC to the email address registered in your account. I assume that they will give you an email or something. Let me know if you don't receive something from them :)

With regards to future competitions, I think a league would be fun. We need to look at how we are going to track points with this. A spreadsheet is probably the best way to do this though that would require someone updating the spreadsheet with results when the show is on....which isn't always going to be practical as I'm going back to the UK soon and most events are on at 3am. Any ideas?
  16. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

Oh sweet! I generally watch all the UFC events live but not all the time.. I had a spreadsheet for last night, we could make it so it's a spreadsheet certain people can edit if they are watching? I dunno how to go about doing that though
  17. Kevin

Google Docs allow multiple people edit a spreadsheet so perhaps that's one option. Though we would still have to manually add administrators for that.
  18. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

I'm sure there would be a small number of people that at least one of them would be watching each live event.. even out of the 4 of us in this competition I think at least one will watch! Can't think of a better way but it's quite possible it could exist
  19. Kevin

Yeah. Ideally we want to get about 25 people in the next competition. We need more people to sustain the growth of the site and justify the costs of the competition. The problem is, counting scores etc becomes more difficult when more members join in, so we need to figure out the quickest and easiest way to make scores during and after the competition.
  20. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

Yeah that's understandable. I'll ask around and see if any of my mates would have a good method