What's the most competitive division in the UFC?

Discussion in 'UFC' started by Kevin, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

The heavyweight division is getting fairly stacked now and it will only get better when Corrimer etc come over from Strikeforce. Plus, Overeem still needs to come back from his ban too.

Light heavyweight is also a strong division though, as is welterweight.

What do you think is the most competitive division in the UFC?

Kev
  2. Anton

Anton Moderator Staff Member

For me it's Welterweight, its stacked. If you look at the top 10, the quality is outstanding. Some of the guys who don't make the top 10 are amazing.
  3. Andrew

Andrew New Member

I will too go with the Welterweight division. For me the best guy in this division is Matt Hughes. I too thank that this divison is properly stacked. Most of the wrestlers upholds the standard in this division.
  4. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

Matt Hughes is a legend in the sport but his time has passed. He was easily handled by BJ and Koscheck in his last fights. He's still a great fighter but he's far from being the best in the division. He's a gatekeeper...at best.
  5. Anton

I love Hughes, I've said before he's one of the main reasons I watch the sport. His fight with Frank Trigg is still one of my favourites. He's still probably my favourite active fighter in the division, but nowhere near the best one.
  6. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

The heavyweight and welterweight divisions are definitely the most stacked as everyone has said. Someone above mentioned that Overeem still has to come back.. how do you think he will do without juicing?
  7. Anton

Hero you're right, it will be interesting to see how he does, or if indeed he manages to stay clean at all.

If you've not seen it check out the mark hunt thread, get a look at the reem through the years. It's an insane difference.
    Hero Of Time likes this.
  8. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

I remember Rogan musing that he was either juicing or something profound happened to him before it was found out!