whats the most leathal martial art style

Discussion in 'MMA Discussions' started by darren thompson, Sep 4, 2012.

1. darren thompson

darren thompson New Member

What do you think the most leathal martial art style
  2. darren thompson

I think krav maga got to be near the top of the list
  3. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

Krav Maga would be up there for sure, it's based on dirty tactics etc etc but you probably know that.
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is fairly lethal, especially if you're fighting someone that doesn't know it.

When you're caught in a submission and tap you're pretty much accepting that your opponent could kill you. A rear naked choke that you don't release could kill someone very quickly, same with all the chokes really. Arm bars and the likes aren't lethal but try defending yourself with a broken limb/ dislocated joint. Game over!
  4. darren thompson

Very good points what about mauy tai devastating knees and elbow strikes to the face and temple coud cores some serias damege or even fatal its
  5. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

Yeah Krav Maga has to be up there. I've did a seminar in KAPAP, which is very similar. I think all martial arts can be lethal though. Remember, there's a different between the sport side of a martial art and the martial art itself. Judo, Taekwondo, Karate and even BJJ have rules in place for competitions that may make them seem less dangerous, though traditionally these arts taught techniques that could do some serious damage e.g. eye gouges, attacks to the throat etc.
  6. darren thompson

One of my friends in work dos krav maga he siad its brilliant evry week he tells us the new stuff he learned it dos sound really good
  7. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

While most martial arts have been created as a form of self defense, Krav Maga was created as a form of vicious offence which is why it would rank up there
  8. Rick Matz

Rick Matz New Member

9. FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian New Member

My opinion: Jeet Kune Do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk