Would You Like To See Brock Lesnar Back In The UFC?

Discussion in 'UFC' started by Kevin, May 27, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

Those of you who watched UFC 146 last night will have noticed Brock Lesnar in the crowd. In the post fight conference Dana White pointed out the Brock was never known to attend events he wasn't fighting in and hinted that Brock may return to the UFC.

What's your thoughts on this - would you like to see Brock return to the UFC?

brock-ufc146.jpg

Kev
    Deborah likes this.
  2. Anton

Anton Moderator Staff Member

I'm so so on this one mate. Some fun fights if he comes back. I think Dana would see him as a draw, more than JDS would see him as a threat.
    Hero Of Time and Kevin like this.
  3. tajnz

tajnz New Member

I've never been a fan of Brock and I wouldn’t' be excited if he returns. He's an alright fighter but seems to rely to heavily on takedowns. If these fail then he gets in trouble. The first time he fought someone closer to his own size, Overeem he ran in trouble.

I personally think he's better off staying with WWE as he's a little theatrical. If he does return I really hope he ups his game. So while I'm not excited if he comes back, I'm still open to him changing my mind about his place in UFC. :D

If he does return who do you hope he'll fight in his first match?
  4. Kevin

I'd be happy to see him come back if he works on his striking. He showed against Overeem, Velasquez and Carwin that he doesn't know how to handle strikers. For such a big guy, it's surprising how much he backs off when being hit and he turtles up.

Let's not forget that the three fighters are mentioned are top great strikers and whilst he was offered a title shot after a 2-1 record, he still won the title and then defended it another two times.

Roy Nelson has talked about how he would love to fight him. I think that would be a good match up.
  5. Microsuck

Microsuck New Member

I can't stand him, and don't want him to come back.

Regardless, that's not to say that he's not a great fighter and wouldn't put on a great show. I wouldn't mind watching him fight once or twice but I am not going to be as amped up as I am when it's two others.
  6. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

I'm not a big fan of him, and don't think he should have ever had a title shot. I think a Brock v Mir 3 would be fun though.
  7. Kevin

I don't mind him though agree that he got his title shot too early. That being said, the heavyweight division was shit then and there were very few other top fighters available. I honestly don't see the point in a third match between Brock and Mir. Brock dominated the first one before getting caught in the sub and he dominated the sub from start to second. I'd rather see him fight someone else.
  8. Anton

Interesting though, pretty much the full thread doesn't have any great desire to see him back. But I think Dana will bring him back. He's got a persona that makes you watch him, regardless of whether you want him to win or not.
  9. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

I guess, the only reason I watch him is because Rogan likes him haha
  10. Anton

He's a big name. Dana loves the sport but I think he accepts the need for numbers as well. Look at Kimbo, it was clear as day he was never UFC class, but got to stay until it was proven beyond doubt that he was shit. I can see similar happen with Lesnar.
    Hero Of Time likes this.
  11. Kevin

It was the same with James Toney. I think most people knew it would be a joke but they no doubt made a lot of money through it. I'm sure it was a 'fuck you' to the boxing organisations who kept saying MMA was shit as well.
  12. Anton

I'd say so. When in reality they are completley incomparable.
    Hero Of Time likes this.
  13. The heavyweight Division is Getting Thinner than my hairline. I don't care who they get. But theres a big difference between the top 2 and the rest.
  14. Dear Brock. Either Shit, or get off the toilet.
  15. Kevin

There's still a big jump from last year though. In that time we have seen cain and dos santos take the top two positions but we've also seen overeem, bigfoot and werdum brought in. Not to mention Mark Hunt getting another two wins and moving up the ladder. I definitely think the heavyweight division has got much more competitive since brock lost the title, though I agree that cain and dos santos are big way ahead of everyone else.
  16. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

I cannot wait for the Cain v Junior rematch!
  17. Anton

Could go either way. Cain is a beast.
  18. Hero Of Time

Hero Of Time Member

Fight scheduled for UFC 152 on September 22!

"The UFC’s fall trip to Toronto just got a lot heavier.

UFC President Dana White on Friday revealed the promotion’s plan to host a heavyweight championship rematch between Junior dos Santos and Cain Velasquez at UFC 152. The announcement came after the UFC on FX 3 post-fight press conference in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., according to a press release from UFC broadcast partner Fuel TV.

White also said that the promotion is targeting a welterweight pairing featuring B.J. Penn and Rory MacDonald at the same event, which is expected to take place Sept. 22 at Air Canada Centre.

Dos Santos, 27, wrested the title from Velasquez last November with a 64-second smashing of the American Kickboxing Academy standout. Most recently, “Cigano” defended his title against Frank Mirtwo weeks ago at UFC 146, stopping the ex-champion via second-round technical knockout.

Velasquez also returned to the cage at UFC 146 and brutally stopped onetime Strikeforce talentAntonio Silva in the opening round. The 29-year-old initially captured the UFC title in 2010, when he knocked out Brock Lesnar at UFC 121. Velasquez’s defeat to dos Santos remains his only career defeat."

Source: http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ju...eight-Title-Rematch-Planned-for-UFC-152-43371
  19. Anton

So far so good for that card. Great start.
  20. Kevin

It should be Bigfoot vs Dos Santos. Cain got lucky with those elbows ;)